Today I’m featuring the journal I created specifically to teach in New York City. This journal was inspired by my love for the city that never sleeps...
"ODE TO NYC" JOURNAL WORKSHOP"
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH - 10:00AM - 5:00PM
$115 (includes materials fee)
Get ready to celebrate all things NYC! We will use watercolors, doodling, pretty tapes, and images of your favorite city to create this gritty yet whimsical, color-filled journal.
Starting with an easy binding method, we’ll transform a sheet of watercolor paper into a glorious ode to the city that never sleeps. We’ll paint, tape, doodle, collage, and even do some image transfers.
You’ll never see this exclusive journal in a souvenir shop because it will be made by YOU and chock-full of your favorite bits of NYC. Tourists and residents alike can document all that is WONDERFUL (and maybe not so wonderful, depending on how you look at it!) about the Big Apple. (And if you want to journal another city, that’s OK, we just won’t tell anyone else in the class!)
• watercolor pan set (can be any kind, even Crayola)
• black acrylic paint
• white acrylic paint
• Inktense black pencil or a Stabilo pencil
• Bombay or Liquitex black ink
• various favorite pens
• 1 – 22 x 30 in. sheet of Fabriano Hot Press (140 lb.) cut down to three long strips of 22 in. x 10 in.
• watercolor brushes
• Liquitex matte medium or preferred gel medium
• pretty tapes
• collage bits (NYC pics and/or city-related ephemera you wish to use in your journal)
• awl, bone folder, scissors
• Exacto and straight edge
• small cutting mat
• old credit card we’ll use to scrape paint with
• any city items that may inspire you!
Bring if you have: Inktense pencils, duct tape
• I will bring needles, waxed linen thread, Daniel Smith watercolors used in class sample, and other ephemera
You need to sign up for the Meet Up group before you can register. Sign up for the group is free. I’m also offering “Back to the Journal” which I will post details of next week!